Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Saturday Field Trip

noTTafarm Super Friend Amy B. was itching to get out of town so she convinced me that this past Saturday would be a good day for a road trip. We headed west, picking up my niece Chelsie in Kearney for a fun jaunt. We drove north out of town to our first stop:  Mason City for a visit to The French Table (www.frenchtableroad.com.) This wonderful shop of antiques and art is housed in a renovated 1907 church. A beautiful spot in an otherwise tiny village!
 I made one impulse purchase: an ebonized decorative spire.
We hopped in the car and headed south to Overton, home of our favorite second-hand/antique/vintage/chock-full of stuff store, Tiede's. You may recall we made a trip out back in February but this was Chelsie's first time visiting. We had such fun, and I made some fabulous finds:
I found this precious oil painting of two calves, appropriately inscribed "T-Bone Special," for about $12. I think I'll paint the frame and hang this in the upstairs guest bath. So cute!
Everywhere I looked, I found more neat stuff (or actually, Amy and Chelsie forced me to buy things!) I kept the upcoming wedding in mind and picked up a lace tablecloth, spools of ribbon, an assortment of bottle openers for the bar, and a cake server. One unique thing was a set of 8 aluminum casseroles or bowls with lids, each with a wicker basket cozy. Perhaps used to serve rice? Again - too adorable to pass by for only $15! I found some inexpensive wood crates and a bushel basket for $3.
Back in February, I purchased several chromium and teak serving pieces. This week, I found two more! An ice bucket (complete with tongs) and a 3-bowl caddy. I'm ready for another girls-only wine night!
The star of the day:  Pyrex mixing bowls! I've always wanted a set and I picked these up for about $40 (which is much less expensive that I typically see.)

After a really late lunch in Kearney at the world-famous Cellar, we were back on the road home by 4:30. A whirlwind trip but a big day of fun!
Anyone Wanna Go Shopping Saturday?

No comments:

Post a Comment